The is a hearty beef vegetable soup with barley. It can be a savory one-dish meal or served with sandwiches.
Beef Barley Vegetable Soup
- 3lbs stew beef
- yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cans mixed vegetables (or frozen)
- 1 cup carrots, thick cut
- 1 large can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup okra
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups water
- Seasonest – Original or Mild Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup barley
- Sautee beef in skillet until brown with a tablespoon of oil if necessary.
- Transfer beef to large pot with onions, celery, beef broth and water for 25-30 minutes on a gentle boil. Turn heat down to simmer.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, and mixed vegetables.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add okra and barley.
- Let simmer for 15 more minutes until okra is tender and barley are soft.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 70 minutes
Total Cooking Time – 80 minutes
Additional Soup Articles:
Tomato Basil Soup with Coconut Milk
Boilermaker Chili - Tailgate Favorite
Seasonest Original Seasoning Blend
Our family fell in love with the Cajun and Creole seasoning and this blend became the inspiration for our company. It is a favorite in our online community because of the delicious New Orleans flavor. It can add flavor to just about anything, especially Salmon.
Seasonest Mild Seasoning Blend
If you want to enjoy Cajun flavor without the cayenne spiciness, this one's for you. It has all the savory taste you'd expect and the heat level is gentile enough for most.