Bacon is tasty on just about anything. Here's a Chicken Spaghetti recipe with bacon and spinach.
Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Spaghetti
- 12 oz. spaghetti or angel hair
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 c. diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 3 c. baby spinach
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Seasonest Italian Spice Blend
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti or angel hair according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until cooked through and no longer pink, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- In a second skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and drain, then chop.
- Pour off half the bacon fat and add garlic, tomatoes, and spinach to skillet. Season with salt and pepper, then add heavy cream, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup pasta water; let simmer. Add spaghetti or angel hair and toss until fully coated.
- Add chicken and bacon and toss, then garnish with basil and serve.
Seasonest Italian Seasoning Blend
The blend is bold and flavorful with a little kick from red pepper flakes. Loaded with Italian herbs, makes this flavor authentic and yummy. It's a low-sodium seasoning with just a little sea salt.