Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Seasonest Adobo
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- One 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- One 14.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 limes, juiced, plus wedges for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortilla strips
- 1 avocado, pitted, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey cheese
- In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil.
- Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalapeños and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the chicken broth, Seasonest Adobo blend, tomatoes and beans into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil reduce heat to simmer and add your chicken breasts.
- Cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked remove from pot.
- When cool enough to handle shred it and set it aside.
- Add lime juice and fresh cilantro to the pot.
- In a serving bowl add a mound of shredded chicken.
- Ladle soup over chicken and top with a lime wedge, tortilla strips, avocado slices and cheese.
Seasonest Adobo Seasoning Blend
If you love the authentic flavors of Tex-Mex or Mexican foods, then look no further. The Adobo Spice Blend livens up taco, guacamole and fajitas. It is rich and tasty making any weeknight meal a fiesta!