You and your family will love this Lemon Thyme Chicken Recipe. Its Delicious and easy to prepare You will be thanking us you didn't eat out tonight.
Lemon Thyme Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken, thighs (or chicken breast)
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 5 to 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 teaspoon of Seasonest Original Seasoning.
Preheat your oven to 400° F. Drizzle the chicken thighs with olive oil and season them well with Seasonest Original Seasoning
Place the thighs in a large, cold cast iron skillet, skin-side down. Place the skillet on a burner over medium heat. Let them cook, undisturbed, for 14 to 15 minutes.
When a lot of the fat has rendered out and the skin is crispy and brown, flip the thighs so the crispy skin is up. Dot the cast iron skillet with lemon slices and thyme sprigs and stick it in the hot oven. Let the thighs finish cooking in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 165° F. If you're in doubt, leave them in for another few minutes.
Serve thighs immediately.
- Depending on the size of your cast iron skillet, you might want to brown the chicken in batches so as not to crowd the pan. If you do this, reduce the time on the second batch, as the pan will already be hot. Then you can transfer the thighs to a baking dish to finish in the oven.
- Chicken thighs can vary wildly in weight. In the same package, you may have some that weight 4-5 ounces and some that weigh as much as 8 ounces. Don't stress about it; you can cook them all together. Two smaller thighs or one larger one is a good serving size.
Seasonest Original Seasoning Blend
Our family fell in love with the Cajun and Creole seasoning and this blend became the inspiration for our company. It is a favorite in our online community because of the delicious New Orleans flavor. It can add flavor to just about anything, especially Salmon.
( Source The kitchen dot com )