Everyone will be talking about your butter milk fried chicken this July 4th.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 1 (3 1/2) pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 teaspoon Seasonest Original Spice Blend
- 2 cups buttermilk
- For the seasoned flour:
- 2 cups flour 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasonest Original Spice Blend
- Toss together chicken pieces and Seasonest Original Spice Blend in a large bowl to coat.
- Stir in buttermilk until chicken is coated. Refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Combine flour, salt, and Seasonest Original Spice Blend in a large shallow dish.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk and dredge each piece in the seasoned flour. Shake off any excess and transfer to a plate.
- Heat peanut oil in a large Dutch oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add all the chicken to the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oil and transfer to a cooling rack set over a paper towel lined baking sheet. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Seasonest Original Seasoning Blend
Our family fell in love with the Cajun and Creole seasoning and this blend became the inspiration for our company. It is a favorite in our online community because of the delicious New Orleans flavor. It can add flavor to just about anything, especially Salmon.
(source all recipes dot com)