When you hear Shrimp and Grits, you think Low Country (South Carolina and Georgia coast). It's sure to be on many menus from the Carolinas to Louisiana. This dish screams southern deliciousness any time of the day: breakfast, lunch or dinner! It's not difficult to make so get your Seasonest seasoning today so you can start enjoying this meal in the comfort of your home.
Shrimp and Grits
- 12 ounces medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup dry quick cooking grits
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 to 3 TBSP hot sauce
- scallions, chopped
- Seasonest Original Spice Blend or Seasonest Spicy Spice Blend
- Boil water, grits and salt in a saucepan at over medium-high heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and 1 tablespoon butter and stir. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken grits.
- In a skillet, combine 2 tablespoons of butter, olive oil, oregano, lemon, hot sauce and Seasonest Original Spice Blend, then bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Serve shrimp over the grits and garnish with scallions
Seasonest Original Seasoning Blend
Our family fell in love with the Cajun and Creole seasoning and this blend became the inspiration for our company. It is a favorite in our online community because of the delicious New Orleans flavor. It can add flavor to just about anything, especially Salmon.
Seasonest Spicy Seasoning Blend
Hot Cajun and Creole taste for those who like cayenne pepper spiciness in their 'Nawlins flavor. This blend will make the family think you've been taking cooking classes.