Everyone who has made chili before knows that an array of spices is needed to make an impressive pot. Spices are what distinguish chili from a soup or stew. Rather than raiding your spice rack, which always takes time to sort through and measure, Seasonest spice blends have it covered! This particular recipe has everything you want in a delicious chili and more. What can get better than three meats, beans, an array of veggies and beer? This chili recipe is meant to be enjoyed while tailgating but why wait for Football season?
- 3 lbs. ground beef chuck
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- ½ lb. beef or pork bacon
- 3 - 14.5 ounce cans chili beans, drained (chili beans in spicy flavor are best)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with canning juices
- 1 can tomato paste
- ½ cup beer, your choice
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 4 tablespoons Seasonest Adobo
- 3 tablespoons Seasonest Spicy
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 generous tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
- Cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Corn or tortilla chips, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- lPlace the bacon on a basic broiler pan and broil for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the broiler pan and put on paper towels to drain.
- Crumble and set aside.
- Mix the Seasonest Adobo and Spicy in a small bowl.
- Mix both the ground chuck and Italian sausage in a large bowl.
- Add half of the spice blend to the meat and use your hands to mix. Make sure the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large stock pot and heat over medium.
- Then, add the celery, diced bell peppers, onion, and jalapeno pepper to the pot.
- On medium high heat, sauté while stirring for 5 minutes or until softened and fragrant.
- Add the seasoned ground chuck and sausage.
- Cook while stirring occasionally until evenly browned. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Pour in the chili beans, diced tomatoes with canning juices and tomato paste. Stir.
- Add the crumbled bacon, beer and bouillon cubes along with the remaining seasonings and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 hours stirring occasionally during this time.
- Remove from the heat and taste. Add more Seasonest Spicy and Adobo if needed.
- Serve the chili in bowls and finish each serving with sliced green onion, cheddar cheese, chips and a dollop of sour cream.
- Dig in and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours and 35 minutes
Seasonest Adobo Seasoning Blend
If you love the authentic flavors of Tex-Mex or Mexican foods, then look no further. The Adobo Spice Blend livens up taco, guacamole and fajitas. It is rich and tasty making any weeknight meal a fiesta!
Seasonest Spicy Seasoning Blend
Hot Cajun and Creole taste for those who like cayenne pepper spiciness in their 'Nawlins flavor. This blend will make the family think you've been taking cooking classes.