Dry Brine for Chicken Breasts Always Guarantees Moistness
Using a dry brine for chicken breasts ensures that the chicken will be juicy and tender when it is cooked through. Most chicken breasts dry out terribly when cooked, the worst of the bunch are those cooked on the barbeque grill. Here are the solutions to keep your chicken juicy.
Dry Brine to Keep Chicken Breast Moist
There are a couple of different causes for dried out chicken breasts. A dry brine does incredible things, but make sure these other suggestions are put in place as well.
First, don’t overcook it. As soon as your chicken has the internal temperature of 165 F, remove it from the heat. Chicken starts drying out after that. Don’t try to keep it warm. Remove it from the grill, wrap it in foil. Toss it back on the grill for a quick reheat when someone wants to eat it.
The second cause of dried out chicken breast is cooking chicken that is deboned and de-skinned. You must keep the bone and skin on the chicken because it prevents it from becoming dried out. After cooking, do what you like with the skin and bones.
Dry brine will create a seasoned crust around the meat of the chicken. That crust is incredibly tasty in itself! But cutting through that crust and seeing the juicy meat is a joy. The chicken breast is so moist, firm and juicy. There is nothing quite like it.
Dry Brine Recipe
- Here is a great dry brine for chicken breasts.
- ¼ cup Finely Ground Salt
- ¼ cup Seasonest Soul Food Blend
- 1 tablespoon Rubbed Sage
- 1 tablespoon Ground Coriander
- Rinse chicken well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix seasoning spices well.
- Rub olive oil all over the chicken breasts.
- One teaspoon at a time, rub the dry brine into the chicken leaving a nice, thin layer of spice.
- Best if dry brined chicken breast is slow cooked at 275 F degrees until done. Serve right away.
Soul Food Seasoning Blend
The spiciness of this seasoning has the perfect balance for just about everyone. Soul food seasoning is used for any meats or vegetables you like to cook.
Add Soul Food Seasoning To Cart