This is a spicy chicken that will start your mouth watering every time you think about it. When you set it up in the crockpot before work, all day you’ll be trying to escape your job to get to that chicken. It combines a sweet and sour sticky goodness with the extreme heat of ghost peppers.
Spicy Chicken Sweetly Intense
If you like spicy chicken, but not extreme heat, you should use a milder version of the Soul Food Seasoning that does not contain ghost peppers. It comes in mild, spicy, spicy hot and then all the way to ghosted.
- 4 pound chicken, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasonest Soul Food Seasoning Ghosted (Caution: Ghost Peppers are EXTREMELY HOT)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1” ginger root sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
How to Make Spicy Chicken Sweetly Intense
- Rinse the chicken pieces and pat them dry. Place them in your crock pot.
- Halve and ream the lemon. Strain out the seeds with a sieve.
- Put all of the ingredients of the sauce in a small sauce pot. Stir well, then put it on the burner. Set it to medium-hot until it starts simmering.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 20 minutes. You’ll notice it will start to thicken.
- Remove from heat, pluck out and discard the ginger slices and cinnamon stick. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts in the crockpot.
- Set the crockpot on low and cook for 8 hours.
This spicy chicken sauce can be created then stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Use it as a dipping sauce for fried wontons or use it for pouring over sweet and sour chicken. Always have some ready to sweeten up a meal. Add pepper flakes for a little spice.
Seasonest Soul Food Ghost Pepper Seasoning Blend
This award winning Soul Food is made with Ghost Pepper making it extremely hot. This is a good all purpose seasoning to use when others just don't seem to get your food hot enough.