Turkey isn’t just for big holiday feasts anymore! With the best turkey brine ever, you can have all the joy of nibbling on tender, succulent turkey breast anytime you want it.
Best Turkey Brine Ever!
Be the one whose friends brag that they know someone who makes the best turkey brine ever. You will need a 5 – 7 pound fresh turkey breast with the bone in for this recipe and Seasonest Best Friend Seasoning.
- 1 cup kosher salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 7 large sage leaves
- 2 freshly cut sprigs of rosemary
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 7 quarts of water
- Seasonest’s Original Seasoning Blend (you may need the 1lb Bulk Bag for this)
For Brining The Meat
- Put 2 quarts of water into your stock pot and heat to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and add sugar, salt and 3 tablespoons of Original Seasoning Blend. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add the remaining 5 quarts of cold water and the rest of the ingredients.
- Rinse the turkey breast well. Put it into the cold brine, making sure it is fully submerged.
- Cover the pot and put it in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Remove the turkey and rinse it. Pat it dry.
To Cook the Brined Turkey Breast
- Season your brined turkey by liberally sprinkling Original Seasoning Blend by Seasonest all over your turkey, inside and out. Put it in your roaster breast side down.
- Bake at 350 degrees while uncovered. Cook for one hour and check the temperature. It is done when a meat thermometer pushed into the thickest part of the breast (but not hitting the bone) reads 165 degrees. Check thermometer every 15 minutes until done. It could take up to 45 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and cover it with a foil tent for 15 minutes. The juices need time to rest.
- Then slice and serve your “Best Turkey Brine Ever” Turkey!
Original Seasoning Blend
Our family fell in love with the Cajun and Creole seasoning and this blend became the inspiration for our company. It is a favorite in our online community because of the delicious New Orleans flavor. It can add flavor to just about anything, especially Salmon.