Collard Greens - This is a favorite vegetable dish for Soul Food and Southern cooking. Though it may take some time to cook, it's fairly simple to make. Give this recipes a try and you be glad you did.
Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Wings
- 2 Turkey Wings, smoked
- 4-6 bunches fresh Collard Greens, washed and cut
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- Seasonest Soul Food Spicy Seasoning
- Add turkey wings in a large pot and cover with water. Add in 1 teaspoon of Seasonest Soul Food Spicy Seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to rolling simmer.
- Simmer turkey wings for 30 minutes. Add more water if necessary to keep the wings covered.
- Add collard greens to pot, 2 tablespoons of Seasonest Soul Food Spicy Seasoning and vinegar.
- Add more water if necessary to cover collards and turkey wings.
- Continue simmering for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until greens are tender.
Soul Food Spicy Seasoning Blend
We've added extra spiciness to this all-purpose seasoning. Use it on any meats or vegetables you like to cook. You'll love the smoky flavor with a little turmeric in the seasoning salt.
For a better look at this recipe, be sure to view it on our YouTube channel. It will show you exactly how to make this tasty dish.
Additional Soul Food Articles:
What is Soul Food Seasoning Used For?