Everyone likes chicken soup and a unique twist on that quintessential favorite is this chicken ramen recipe. This chicken recipe packs a spicy punch that will have you hooked. The bold kick from Seasonest Spicy Seasoning combined with onion, garlic and ginger yields a chicken ramen you will never forget. The broth has so much depth of flavor, the chicken is tender, and the noodles are cooked just right.
Spicy Chicken Ramen
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Seasonest Lemon Fire Seasoning Blend
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Seasonest Spicy Seasoning Blend, or to taste
- 8-ounce package of ramen noodles
- Soft boiled eggs
- Thai chilis
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with Seasonest Lemon Fire Seasoning.
- Add the chicken to a heavy-bottomed saucepan with the onion and garlic.
- Add just enough water to cover the chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Remove and discard any foam that collects at the top.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Transfer to a platter and set aside to cool before shredding.
- Pour the chicken broth into a large pot.
- Add the garlic cloves, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon or lime juice and Seasonest Spicy seasoning followed by the shredded chicken.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring a separate pot filled with water to a boil.
- Add the ramen noodles to the water once boiling.
- Cook the noodles for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the noodles and transfer them to the broth.
- Let simmer for another minute or so.
- Transfer to bowls, finish with desired toppings and serve.
Seasonest Lemon Fire Seasoning Blend
This tangy, zesty citrus blend has a cayenne kick. The easiest way to describe it is hot lemon pepper. You get the deliciousness of citrus, garlic, cayenne and black pepper.
Seasonest Spicy Seasoning Blend
Hot Cajun and Creole taste for those who like cayenne pepper spiciness in their 'Nawlins flavor. This blend will make the family think you've been taking cooking classes.