There are more meatball recipes than there are Italian Grandmothers, but this recipe’s addition of Italian spices put them above the rest. It’s a recipe that is easy to make and the meatballs are delicious with your spaghetti or on a saucy meatball sandwich.
Italian Spices Meatball Recipe
- ½ pound 80% lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Seasonest Italian Spices Seasoning Blend
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- ½ small onion minced
- Mix together the meats, cheese and egg.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Wet your hands and take a small portion of the mixture. Roll it around in your palms to create a ball that is about 1-1/2” in diameter. Add more meat mixture if needed or take some away if they are too big.
- Line a cookie sheet (or a ½ biscuit pan) with parchment paper. As you make the meatballs, set them on the parchment paper as you work.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- When all the meatballs are made, put them into the oven to bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- When they cooked through, they are done. Remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with a little salt.
- They are ready to serve or store in the refrigerator until needed.
- To reheat, plop them into a pot of hot spaghetti sauce then serve. Or you can put them in a glass dish and heat them in the oven or microwave.
If Italian food is hard on your stomach, then you can forgo the garlic and onions. This will help with the heartburn some people get from meatballs.
Of course, the best dinner ever is spaghetti and meatballs! But if you’d like to enjoy meatballs without spaghetti, try a meatball sandwich.
The key to a meatball sandwich is to use a hoagie roll. Halve the roll, remove much of the bread inside the roll. Load one half with a generous amount of spaghetti sauce and several meatballs. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and a little more Italian spice. Put the other hoagie half on top. Wrap the sandwich in parchment paper or wax paper and microwave until very warm.
Italian Seasoning Blend
The blend is bold and flavorful with a little kick from red pepper flakes. Loaded with Italian herbs, makes this flavor authentic and yummy. It’s a low-sodium seasoning with just a little sea salt.