Low sodium and dairy free, this Tomato Basil Soup has incredible flavor. It is made with our Original Salt-Free Seasoning Blend so you the amount of sea salt you need to control your sodium intake. We've substituted the dairy with coconut milk for those who avoid dairy products or are lactose intolerant. Enjoy!
Tomato Basil Soup with Coconut Milk - Low Sodium and Dairy Free
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 28 ounces Tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups Broth, low sodium
- 6 ounces Tomato paste
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Seasonest Original Salt Free Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt (optional)
- 4-6 leaves Fresh Basil, chopped
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onions and garlic and then saute until tender.
- Add diced tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, coconut milk, Seasonest Original Salt Free Seasoning, and salt (optional).
- Stir to combine while simmering.
- Use immersion blender to smooth and remove lumps.
- Stir in fresh basil and serve with a sandwich or salad.
Additional Soup Articles:
Beef Barley Vegetable Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Seasonest Original Salt-Free Seasoning Blend
For a better look at this recipe, be sure to view it on our YouTube channel. It will show you exactly how to make this tasty dish.