Chicken Piccata is easier to prepare than it looks. It's chicken breast in a lemon butter sauce with capers and similar to Chicken Francese.
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast, boneless skinless, butterflied
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoons of Seasonest Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasonest Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of Seasonest Soul Food Mild Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Lemon, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup Capers, juice drained
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice, fresh
- 3 Garlic Cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Mix flour and cornstarch into bowl
- Add Seasonest Italian and Lemon Pepper Seasonings into a bowl
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with Seasonest Soul Food Seasoning
- Dip seasoned chicken into flour mixture coating both sides
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Place chicken in the hot oil and cook until golden brown (about 4 minutes on each side)
- Remove chicken from skillet and let sit while the sauce is prepared.
- Use the same pan that the chicken was cooked in and remove all but 3 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat chicken broth, lemon juice and lime juice in the pan until it starts to simmer.
- Stir in starch, butter and heavy and mix until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the chicken breast to the sauce and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon slices and capers and simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cook angel hair pasta using the instructions on the package.
- Serve the chicken and sauce on top of the pasta.
Italian Seasoning Blend
The blend is bold and flavorful with a little kick from red pepper flakes. Loaded with Italian herbs, makes this flavor authentic and yummy. It's a low-sodium seasoning with just a little sea salt.
Seasonest Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
There’s nothing better than lemon pepper on fish. There's the lemony zing, smoky black pepper, along with garlic, onion and sea salt to bring out a richness of flavor. We like to combine this blend with our Original Seasoning Blend because of this.
Soul Food Mild Seasoning Blend
This all-purpose seasoning has a mild spiciness level with a yummy garlicky and smoked paprika taste. It brings out the deliciousness of your home cooked meal.